I have been very industrious this week on the sewing front working on both the patchwork and cross stitch.
First up – cross stitch of Audrey
This is from 21st July to 3rd August – some progress made.
Secondly I have been stitching the Seasonal Quilt. Unlike my other quilts this one is all hand sewn.
As you can see I have starting sewing the base colour that will link it all together. I pondered quite a while on how to attach the hexagonal blocks. Whether to attach each single block or to create a strip and attach that. As is obvious I opted for the strip/section . Do you take the card inserts out when totally stitched together or can I remove some now whose sides are all linked to another hexagon?
Other patchwork projects – I have sewn together some of the scrappy quilt I am planning.
The blue one in the middle will look like this when finished …..
I found the diamonds a little fiddly, but I am enjoying this process of learning.
Other news is the garden is looking lovely – we are very fortunate in our area as to not suffer the weird weather other areas have experienced………as yet! I feel very sorry for the people who reside at Whaley Bridge. Lets hope all the authorities can work together to find a solution and fix the failing dam. I cannot imagine the anguish of losing everything to a torrent of water like that.
On a brighter note here are some flower pictures …..
The Day Lily is doing exceptionally well this year. My husband took a photo of the first 4 flower heads to come out when I was at work and by the time I come home they were gone over. The fuchsias are late flowering this year but still a splendid display.
And the birds …..
The doves were kissing and necking – so sweet!
That’s all folkss