Hope you are all well and keeping safe. I am not going to talk about the big bad world as we are all living it anyway where ever we are.
Instead I am going to focus on sewing, of which, I have achieved a plenty. On my SAL I have completed one edge (previous post), but my real focus has been on my “Cup” cross stitch and my Old Rose Window Quilt. I have cut up loads of pieces ready for making into the squares (it’s the bit I enjoy the most, choosing which materials are going together), and have a variety of squares finished and others in various stages of completion.
Last time I posted these were my calculations:
“Each square measures 6.5 inches, and I have calculated that I will need 8 blocks for the width and 12 blocks for the length. (for a quilt measuring 52 inches by 78 inches , minus any borders).
That’s 96 blocks – I have 14 completed blocks and 15 semi finished. Wish me luck!!”
Well now i have 23 completed and 10 nearly completed, 5 ready to be sewn together having been tacked to paper templates:
Here are some pictures
1st stage – pieced and semi-pieced
2nd stage – corners need attaching and finish attaching edges on small squares to octagon pieces.
newest material configuration – all needs sewing together – and finally 17 completed squares. (Above is 2nd one in from left on top row – sewn together) (2nd one in from left bottom row – corners need attaching)
It is going to very colourful.
Also i mentioned the Cups cross stitch
Here is where I was ….
and here is where I am now …..
Well that was quite long for me but that’s all for now