19 goals for 2019
Hello everybody and a Happy New Year to you all!
It feels like 2018 went by so fast. I’m sure it didn’t – maybe I was enjoying life so much that I didn’t notice the minutes, months disappearing for the year. Maybe I was busy and time flies by when you are busy, does it not?
This New Year is going to be different – I will take note of more things, however small or large. Well I have decided to give myself some goals for 2019. This is not something I normally do – so no pressure there – but I feel inspired to proceed with this idea and see how much I actually achieve this year.
- Read 19 books – I like reading – in fact I am a bookworm. There are other things to be called in life but I am happy with “bookworm”.
- 19 Sewing projects – this might be achievable or it might not. I am not going to be too hard on myself if this goal isn’t reached.
- Learn something new – Maybe learn Latin (not because it can be useful but for fun)Maybe learn to crochet – Maybe take up Archaeology again – Maybe learn photography. I like taking pictures. – Maybe learn to draw and paint better. One or all of these might be taken up. Stay tuned …..
- To not spend too much money on clothes. I am quite bad at this (I may fail gasp!!!!!)
- To eat more vegetables – I am fairly good at this already so one of the easy goals I think.
- To write to my penpals more regularly.
- To create something and sell it for charity. To give something back.
- To watch 19 DVD’s or Movies.
- To finish my first novel – I have written a novel but it needs improving.
- To write poetry – a small book of 19 poems about everything.
- To laugh more!
- To play my saxophone and trumpet more
- To try and learn the Ukelele – I struggle with the strumming (i.e musical instrument in No. 12 normally play the melody note for note – not so with strumming.)
- To learn Pilates and deep breathing techniques.
Goals will also be desires
- Visit National Trust houses or English Heritage Sites
- Visit the V & A museum, National history museum, etc
- Visit an art gallery
- Go on a long walk (depends on health)
- Go to local craft fairs more.
I feel stressed already – it was hard to think of 19 different things.
I promise myself not to beat myself up about my failings.