I hope you are well and safe. I have rested my shoulder for a whole month and not pressured myself into sewing lots, but this weekend enough time has passed and I decided little and often would get me some results and I achieved more than I thought possible. You never know unless you try.
Here is where I was last time (sometime in March I believe)
And this is what I have achieved.
As an aside – Mr M is recovering well from his surgery – so one operation done, one to go.
Why not pop along to the other projects that the members of our SAL have been doing.
Hope you are all enjoying a little rest and whiling away the hours with beautiful sewing projects.
As usual I could not help but start a new project whilst also sewing together the Rose Window Quilt. both projects are light and easy to hold without straining my shoulder. I have managed to sew 2 rows, it’s quite hard getting the seams to match, but practice makes perfect, so they say.
The new project is Daybreak and I purchased a jelly roll and a 5″ charm pack of the same name by 3 Sisters at Moda Fabrics. Here are some pictures, there are 2 blocks of 15″ x 9″ and a centre piece which finishes at 9″ square. The other squares (all 1 1/2″) are not complete yet and I have not designed how the blocks will look. It is a work in progress and since taking the photos I have completed the dark block. At the moment the quilt will finish at 39″ x 24″ without a border but knowing me I will change my mind.
I am now in isolation as preparation for my Husband’s operation. At the same time my left shoulder has flared up with Bursitis and is preventing me from doing any heavy or weighty sewing. So I can only sew small things – luckily I had cut out loads of 1 1/2″ squares ready for another hand sewn EPP Quilt. I have also started to sew together My “Ring of Rose” hexagonal quilt – if that gets too heavy then perhaps I’ll start a small cross stitch.
Here is a photo of how that looks:
One thing that is easy to do is take photos using my Ipad so here are some pictures of our blossoming garden
Above a small gathering of daffodils with the Campanula shooting behind, in the middle is our new plant Hecheura with pink flower stalks and on the right white hyacinths.
I hope everybody is safe and well. In 4 days time Mr M, and myself will be in self isolation for 2 weeks as preparation for Mr M. going into hospital for an operation on 8th April. (Hopefully will be able to get on more with my sewing but I will also be working from home).
With no more ado, here is where I was last time
Here is where I am at present, I had more to complete than I thought when I rolled it down. Heyho!
That’s me – why not grab a coffee/tea break and peruse the other members projects.
If you have read any previous posts this week you will be aware that I have had a week off work. During that time I have been fairly successful with sewing various pieces, including some more of my hand quilting on the pirate quilt. I have completed one section of the rope design and started on another section.
That’s me this week
We are a group of like minded people who post their progress on their chosen hand quilting project and encourage one another in their endeavours.
It’s been a while since a Friday Finish but that is what makes it special. Do you remember my Seasonal Quilt, well here are some photographs to help you …….
And here are the backing fabric and the wadding.
The backing fabric will have a horizontal seam half way and it is Andover by Andover Fabrics. I thought it echoed the front design beautifully. The Wadding is Hobbs Heirloom Premium Cotton
Now all I have to do is decide on a pattern to quilt it – firstly I thought about quilting in the ditch around the coloured hexagons but that leaves quite a lot of fabric unstitched. How much is too little? or too much? I have a heart and curved vine leaf design which might be appropriate, which could go on the white areas. Decisions, decisions!!!!!
Other stitching projects have also been worked on. I have started to sew the Old Rose Window blocks together – first line is complete and half of the second line. Matching all the seams is quite difficult. I have actually decided on the border material which arrived last week. So good progress there.
Cross stitch wise – I have made good progress with the Robin Table Runner here are some photos
The beginning ……..
in Feb 2021
and now in March 2021
Last but not least a new start
I have a new pieced hexagonal quilt called Ring of Roses. Here is a photo of how it will progress. I have stitched a lot more hexies than what is shown in the photo.
And that is all (quite a productive week off work) – hope you stay safe and well